Helping people take the NEXT STEP towards Jesus Christ.
This Mission Statement helps us understand several things:
- It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from, it matters where you are going.
- It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, it matters what Christ has done on your behalf.
- It doesn’t matter what you don’t know about Christ, it matters that you obey in faith what you do know.
- It doesn’t matter how long you’ve run from Christ, it matters that you simply take just one step towards Him.
- It doesn’t matter how long you’ve known Christ, it matters that you recognize there is always another step you can take towards him.
James 4:8 (NIV) Come near to God and he will come near to you.
We seek to become a Gospel-Centered, Intergenerational, Regional church serving the needs of the entire Loma Vista community.
A Vision Statement is a summary of how we accomplish our Mission. It provides a little more detail of the direction the Lord seems to be taking Loma Vista.
Since the annual growth rate for the City of Clovis is 2.30% per year and 25% from 2010-2020, and that it projects adding 30,000 residents to the Loma Vista Community in the next 20 years, we seek to become a large enough church to have the critical resources to meet the needs of the Loma Vista community.
Romans 1:16 (NIV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
- To bring every message back to the elements of the gospel of Christ.
- To make the gospel the very foundation of discipleship and church life.
- To boldly proclaim how the gospel refutes today’s cultural ideologies and false teachings.
- To show how Jesus’ life, death and resurrection is the climax of human history
Deuteronomy 6:6–7 (NIV) These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
- To reach the entire family (children, parents, grandparents), providing environments they can worship and serve in together.
- To help older generations share their wisdom and experience with younger generations.
- To give the younger generations a seat at the table of ministry and leadership.
- To expand one’s peer group experience with Christ so they can benefit from other age groups.
Acts 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- To build large enough facilities to hold 100’s of children, youth and adults that the Lord might bring us.
- To become a resource for churches, organizations and community by providing seminars, conferences, weddings, funerals and community events.
Here at Loma Vista, we try to pattern our ministry around Jesus’ invitational steps
Helping people BELIEVE in the basics of Christianity
Worship Services, Lord’s Supper, Baptism
Helping people BELONG to the church family
Social Activities, Special Events, Membership, Class 101
Helping people GROW in their faith
Growth Groups, Retreats, devotionals, Class 201
Helping people SERVE others
Ministry Teams, Service Projects, Class 301
Helping people SHARE their faith
Mission Trips, Community Outreach, Class 401